Please Note: This article relates to both the TM2 and TM3 versions of the desktop software.
Within every Patient record, there is an area where files can be saved, these can range from documents, images and to audio recordings.
However, with all uploads to your file server, the speed and success of this action completing will be down to the size of the file and the upload speed of your internet connection.
So below are some tips on how to ensure that your files are uploaded successfully:
- Try to keep the file as small as possible, anywhere between 10-30Mb
- If uploading images try to keep the resolution low
- Using black and white for the images rather than colour
- Formats .pdf and .jpg greatly compress the size of your file
- Scanning a file into the computer first then importing them to patients file areas
- Try to keep the title of the document with 10-20 characters
The reasoning behind why we should keep files smaller is that it helps to make them easily portable,it reduces disk space, makes sharing of the data simpler and greatly reduces the time taken to upload/download them from the internet.
This all being said if you are a hosted customer, the speed of upload will usually come down to the speed of your internet. Hosted needs a minimum connection of 7mb download and 0.5mb upload to run smoothly. If you have followed all of the steps above and are still experiencing some difficulty please check your speeds at the following web page: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/