Please Note: This article relates to both the TM2 and TM3 versions of the desktop software.
Transferring Insurance Excess to Patient
If an insurance company does not pay the complete amount of a patient’s invoice, you can very easily transfer the outstanding amount from the insurance company’s account to the patient’s account:
- Open the insurance company invoice
- [Bill Remaining To Patient] (at the bottom of the window)
This will create a Billing Item in the patient’s account for the unpaid amount and a discount on the insurance company’s invoice so that it is now fully reconciled.
Automatically Creating the Patient Invoice
- Select whether to ‘Bill the full remaining amount’ or enter a manual amount.
- Description ‘Transferred from Invoice 514’ is what the new billing-item description will be and will be displayed on the Patients invoice when added.
- You can customise this text. See section below ‘Text Shown On Transferred Billing Item’
- Selecting the ‘Create Invoice now’ option will immediately create and an Invoice in the patient record for the remaining amount.