Please Note: This article relates to both the TM2 and TM3 versions of the desktop software.
Setting Up the Voucher
- Create a physical stock item called Gift Voucher, and give it a price of £0.00. Ensure that you set the stock level sufficiently high (100 for example)
Selling the Voucher
- Open the patient record of the patient that wishes to buy the voucher (If it is not a current patient, you could either register them or set up a 'Voucher Sales' patient, to record the sales against).
- Click on the button for 'Create Billing Item' and type 'Gift Voucher' into the box beside 'Add New Item', and press 'Add' at the right-hand side of the row containing the voucher.
- Click the button for 'Advanced' and double click on the Inc VAT price, change this from 0.00 to the value of the voucher you are selling and press enter
- Accept your payment as normal
Redeeming the Voucher
- At the point when a patient wished to redeem a voucher after an appointment, you will need to complete the appointment as normal, but then instead of accepting cash, cheque or card payment, choose the option for 'Go To Invoice and Do More'.
- When the invoice has opened choose the option at the right of the billing items for 'Add Credit'
- Choose to 'Credit Part of the Amount of the Invoice' and in the 'Total' Box alongside the billing item please enter the value of the voucher being used with a minus in front of it, i.e. -40 for a £40 voucher.
- You can now save and close the invoice.